Lizard Island Luxury Resort Resort Lodge Accommodation Great Barrier Reef Australia
Lead by skilled dive guides offering interpretation and safety, M.V. Serranidae snorkel & scuba diving trips are the best solution to expertise the superb fish and coral of the nice Barrier Reef.
Half day and full day journeys can be found on alternate days aboard M.V. Stone Island Jackets Serranidae, travelling to Nice Barrier Reef dive websites is equally accessible to each snorkellers as well as divers. The half day journey departs at approx. 9.00am and returns at approx.12.00pm, taking you to both the continental islands with their very own unique fringing reefs or to patch reefs that are constructed entirely of coral.
The full day trip, departing at approx. 9.00am and returning at approx. 4.00pm, visits two sites on the ribbon reefs, together with the famend Cod Gap.
Lizard Island is one in all Australia’s most distant and breathtaking areas and boasts superb pure wonders all yr spherical.
View the unique Lizard Island nature calendar under in order that you’ll ensure not to overlook out on your most treasured pure wonder, and experience a truly distinctive ecotourism expertise.
– The Amphibious month.
– Inexperienced Tree Frogs dominate the nocturnal sound show as they come out to breed.
– The Black Flying Fox camp sizes are at their largest, providing spectacular flight scenes at dusk around.
– Monitor Lizard exercise is also excessive with tunnels being dug for nesting chambers across the island.
– Black-Naped Terns start nesting.
– The Melaleuca Forests are flooded and mangrove swamps are wealthy with juvenile fish life.
– Terns swarming round Osprey Island preying on the summer season fish stocks.
– Constellation of Orion dominates the early night time sky.
– Crested Terns start nesting.
– Pheasant Coucal birds altering to their darker stone island melange wool jacket plumage.
– Sacred Kingfishers often sighted around the island.
– Migratory birds such as the Lesser Golden Plover start to indicate their breeding plumage before the migration to the northern latitudes.
– Bar Shouldered Doves nesting.
– Southern Cross constellation rising early within the evening sky.
– Green Sea Turtles noticed feeding along the beaches at low tide.
– Clear skies and early twilights deliver red sunsets over the Pacific.
– Kapok Bush begins to flower.
– Swallowtail Butterflies sighted around the resort.
– Humpback Whales start their northern migration. Curious Minke Whales often method tour vessel for a more in-depth look.
– Playful Spinner Dolphins might surf the bow wave on the outer reef trips.
– Clear views from the highest of Cooks Lookout.
– Centaurus shines over the meridian at night.
– Sightings of Humpback Whales throughout their migration to warmer waters for calving.
– Goannas usually sighted alongside tracks warming their bodies within the midday sun.
– Osprey usually sighted round their massive, excessive nests.
– The very sociable White-breasted Wood swallows start breeding.
– Umbrella bushes displaying off their sensible purple flowers.
– Constellation of Scorpio dominates the spring night time sky as it chases Orion over the western horizon.
– The Marlin season begins with Big Black Marlin cruising the outer reef during their breeding season.
– Minke and Humpback Whale sightings.
– Black Flying Foxes feed on the mango fruits across the resort at night time.
– As the water temperatures warm in direction of 27°C, you’ll see an increase in wildlife exercise.
– The outstanding vibrant yellow flowers of the Kapok Bush in full bloom.
– The ‘Teapot’ in Sagittarius shines above at night time.
– Lesser Golden Plovers arrive on the island from Siberia & Alaskan territories.
– Torres Strait Imperial Pigeon migrates down from Papua New Guinea to type breeding colonies on the island.
– Seashore Stone Curlew patrol the beaches performing as decoys for his or her nests.
– Black Marlin begin their spawning season on the outer reef.
– Coral reef annual spawning in direction of the tip of the month turns the blue waters orange.
– Kapok Timber fruiting.
– Green, Loggerhead and Hawksbill Turtles seen grazing on sea grasses along the beaches.
– Pelagic fish species lively round spawning season.
– Monitor Lizards active while constructing nesting chambers.
– Occasional sightings of Manta Rays around the island.
– Water temperature a warm 29°C.
Dining at Lizard Island
Spa Care from the Australian Dreamtime
Azure Spa gives a variety of remedies inspired by nature to nurture the mind, physique and spirit using LI’TYA merchandise a excessive performance vary of pure Australian spa care products that combine the potent qualities of the Australian earth and spirit. These powerful spa treatments unlock the profound knowledge of historic Aboriginal medicine and healing modalities that assists you to generate your own health and balance.