Making High Movies In Malta
Filming in Malta began in the 1970s. One of many earliest motion pictures filmed in Malta is “Orca: Killer Whale.” The 1977 film starred Richard Harris as Captain Nolan and Charlotte Rampling as Rachel Bedford. The film brought consideration to the plight of the killer whale and launched film viewers to the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and components of Malta.
In 1980, Sweethaven Village was created on Malta. The stone island jas maat 164 Robin Williams film was filmed in Malta, and the Sweethaven Village nonetheless stands immediately. Although it isn’t getting used to movie motion pictures, it still serves the island properly as a vacationer attraction. The village is open to tourists seven days per week and gives a variety of family activities.
A Earlier Engagement
The latest film to be filmed solely on the island of Malta was “A Previous Engagement” starring Juliet Stevenson and Daniel Stern. The Canadian-Maltese co-manufacturing was released within the U.S. in May 2008. Along with the movie’s opening, a contest has been organized. One winner will receive an all-bills-paid vacation to Malta and keep within the Xara Palace in Mdina where the film was filmed.
Different films that have been filmed in Malta include:
* “Midnight Specific.” Some scenes were filmed at Fort St. Elmo in 1978.
* “Raise the Titanic” in 1980.
* “Cutthroat Island.” The popular Geena Davis and Matthew Modine movie was shot primarily near Vittoriosa. Some scenes were filmed in Mdina, Fort St. Elmo and the Dingli Cliffs. Water tanks were provided by the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “White Squall.” The violent storm skilled in this movie was filmed at the Mediterranean Movie Studios in 1996.
* “U-571.” The star-studded solid included Matthew McConnaughey, Jon Bon Jovi, Harvey Kitel and Invoice Paxton. The tanks used within the film are the property of the Mediterranean Movie Studios. One night-time scene was filmed in the city of Valletta at the Grand Harbor in 2000.
* “The Rely of Monte Cristo.” In 2002, Valletta and Vittoriosa were briefly remodeled into Marseille for the filming of this movie. The lovemaking scene was filmed on the rocks close to Fort St. Elmo. St Mary’s Tower on Comino served because the Chateau d’If.
* “Pinocchio.” The 2002 production of Pinocchio included scenes filmed in the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “Swept Away.” The 2002 creation of Madonna and Guy Ritchie was filmed on both Comino and Malta. Madonna’s snorkeling scene was filmed at the Blue Lagoon on Comino.
* “Helen of Troy.” The 2003 mini series was filmed at Fort Ricasoli and on Comino at the stone island jas maat 164 Blue Lagoon.
* “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” This 2003 hit starred Sean Connery and was filmed on Gozo at Xlendi. The submarine scenes have been filmed on the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “Troy.” The 2004 blockbuster hit starring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom was filmed at Fort Ricasoli. Components were filmed in Mellieha and on Comino Island. The movie’s producers used Malta’s pure magnificence and ruins to enhance the authenticity of the movie.
* “A Completely different Loyalty.” Starring Sharon Stone, this movie was filmed in 2004 at Fort St. Elmo, which provides a visual illustration of town of Beirut. Elements of the film have been filmed on the Golden Sands Beach.
* “Alexander.” In 2004, Valletta’s Grand Harbor doubled for the ancient port city of Alexandria. The film starred Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
* “Gladiator.” The Russell Crowe film was shot at a replica constructed at Fort Ricasoli with a night time time scene being filmed just outdoors Vittoriosa at Couvre Port.
For extra information about Malta, together with airlines who have flight to Malta presents go to yourmalta.com
They also have a map of Malta plus acommodation with evaluations for hotels in Malta